Saturday 27 September 2008

Summer's arrived

It took it's time, but finally, at the end of September, the sun has come out to play. I chose the best weekend of the year it seems to have a serious training ride.

Lucky me, work sent me to the Isle of Wight for a meeting - so I decided to take my bike, cycle between meetings and stay an extra day. I've done 50 miles in the past 2 and a half days - and with all the hills on the island, I now have buns of steel! Ok, well not quite, I'm no cycling pro - but confidence is as important as anything else, and I'm starting to think that maybe - just maybe - I'll make it across Ethiopia! The 'nappy' padded shorts, bought for me by my brother, are a life saver!

And the weekend doesn't stop there - I have Monday and Tuesday off work, and my friend and fellow cyclist Justina and I are cycling to Hastings and back! 75 miles in 3 days.. with stops off to see friends and attend tea parties on the way :-)

Remember - give my training a boost by sponsoring me at www.justgiving.com/lee_cycles_ethiopia

Bring on the hills..

No comments: